Monday, May 10, 2010

Oooow, it hurts my eyes!!!

I just can't get enough of this picture. I saw it first on Haykakan Zhamanak/Armenian Times, almost fell out of my chair, and haven't been able to get it out of my mind. Dodi Gago's shirt has bored a permanent hole in my memory.

Its not just the pink, not just the fact it is so shiny it creates a glare, or the white collar and sleeves, or the subtle light and dark pink stripes in the fabric (apparent only to those who take the time, and care enough, to look). Its all of it.

It's that a man, who is a well known oligarch and businessman, per rumor involved in various type of questionable activities, the leader of a political party, and not a petite man at that (the only thing petite might be the height of his neck, but not the width), is wearing that shirt.

There are all kinds of styles out there, and I dont have a problem with any of them. And all over the world men wear pink regardless of sexual orientation, that's not the issues either. Like I said, its all of it together.

Maybe its because deep down I'd like to believe that despite all evidence to the contrary, he has a delicate soul; that deep down he hates big brawn and truly appreciates fine art; that he dislikes big business and wants to live as a hermit with a vow of silence in the mountains of Armenia; that he likes to watch rainbows and kittens, and would never think of hurting an animal; and that he secretly hates the position he is in and dreamt of being a human rights lawyer when he was a young boy.

2 comments:

Ankakh_Hayastan said...

it's the distinctive color pattern of the outfits that the Armenian cosmonauts wear.

Հայ կոսմոնավտները վարդագույն են հագնում:

Lingua said...

One of your best posts yet, Tzitz (excuse the pun).