Wednesday, July 1, 2009

July 1 Statement by Pashinyan

Video
Statement in Armenian

My Dear People,

In a short while I will be leaving this place which, due to circumstances, I am compelled to call underground, and will move toward the building of the Chief Prosecutor of the Republic of Armenia, where the Special Investigative Service is located. I resort to this act to fulfill my promise to leave the underground and continue my political battle in prison. To realize this plan, I need the assistance of the Special Investigative Service, where I will arrive in a few hours.

I had referred to the reasons why I was leaving the underground in my announcement of June 24, and I don’t think it is necessary to refer to them again. With this message, I wish to look straight into the eyes of every citizen of the Republic of Armenia and to underscore that our struggle is in the name of a Free and Happy Armenia, in the name of such an Armenia that will be a safe home and a warm hearth for each and every citizen, regardless of political views, or social and public stature.

And so, our struggle in the name of a Free and Happy Armenia is inexorable, our victory is inevitable. We will struggle till the end, and we will win.

Long live Freedom, Long live the Republic of Armenia, and Long live our children who will live in a Free and Happy Armenia.

P.S. I am aware that our supporters were expecting to see me at the meeting tomorrow. I thought long about that possibility, but at the end decided against that option because I don’t wish to leave the impression that I’m trying to hide behind the tens of thousands of our supporters. To avoid possible exploitations of my action, I chose the option described above.

Nikol Pashinyan
July 1, 2009

No comments: