Sunday, October 2, 2011

Some favorite pics

There are a ton of pictures floating around the web from the recently started around the clock demonstrations started by HAK, right after the September 30 demonstration. A friend sent me some more photos...

These I love because they highlight the absurdity - the regime is so desperate to suppress any- and everything, that they've shut down the cafes on Liberty Square, including the bathrooms, so peaceful protesters can't use the bathrooms. I'd be unbelievably upset if i were one of those cafe owners or workers - that's good business they're shutting down!
These cafes would usually be pretty packed on the weekend, but they were shut down, and look quite deserted...

















My friend also sent me this one below, which i think is likely my favorite so far, because of the explanatory caption that came with it:

Apparently, the man with the beard had witnessed the events of March 1-2, 2008, and had vowed to keep his beard until justice was done.












A close second, though, is this picture of my good friend, Bazaz, thanks to epress:

No comments: