Saturday, December 6, 2008

Hatspanyan, revisited...

Its now been several weeks since Hatspanyan's original imprisonment, after he publicized a plot to kill SS, of which he had been informed. I haven't seen or heard much heard about him since, except I do think I read something recently, that he is not receiving access to his family and/or lawyer, as he should be.
Below is a relevant piece that was in Haykakan Zhamanak on December 5, with a translation below.
նամակ Ղարաբաղից-2

Նոյեմբեր ամսվա սկիզբն էր, երեկոյան լսում էինք «Հայլուրը»: Հանկարծ կինս ապշած ինձ նայեց ` լսելով Սարգիս Հացպանյանի անունը, ով մեր բազմամարդ ընտանիքի բարերարն ու հոգաբարձուն է: Մի՞թե այդքան դաժան ու անմարդկային կարող է լինել Պարույր Հայրիկյանը, ով բացասական կերպար համարելով Սարգիսին` քննադատում է նրան ու դավաճան անվանում: Կառավարության լիդերնե՛ր, երբ 1996-ին իմ սոված ու մերկ 15 փոքրիկ մանուկներով Աշտարակ քաղաքից բռնեցի Լաչինի ճանապարհը, ձեզանից ո՞ր մեկը ասաց` ո՞ւր ես տանում այդ խղճուկներին: Մինչեւ 2000 թվականը ապրել ենք Քաշաթաղի կորած գյուղերից մեկում` օրվա մի բուռ ալյուրին կարոտ: Այդ պահին էր, որ եկավ Արա Մանուկյանը, եւ երկու անգամ օգնություն ցուցաբերեց ողջ գյուղին. նախկին վարչակազմը, սակայն, հալածելով նրան` արգելեց օգնել մեզ: Այնուհետեւ եկան Գուրգեն Մելիքյանն ու Սարգիս Հացպանյանը եւ Աստծո օրհնությամբ օգնեցին ու մինչեւ հիմա էլ օգնում են մեզ: Հենց Սարգիս Հացպանյանն է, որ իր հաշվին ինձ համար մեքենա է գնել, որպեսզի կարողանամ երկու կոպեկ աշխատեմ այս լեռներում եւ չընկճվեմ, որ 15 զավակ եմ ունեցել: Հացպանյանի շնորհիվ Քաշաթաղի հողը ինձ համար ծննդավայր դարձավ, եւ սկսեցի ապրել հանուն զավակներիս ու հայրենիքի: Դիմում եմ ՀՀ իշխանություններին` ես 50-ն անց մարդ եմ, 5 որդիս ծառայել են բանակում, 2-ն էլ դեռ պիտի ծառայեն, խնդրում եմ` ազատ արձակեք իմ սիրելի Սարգիս Հացպանյանին եւ փոխարենը ի՛նձ դատապարտեք, որ 15 երեխա եմ ունեցել:

Սերգեյ Պողոսյան
Քաշաթաղի շրջան
գյուղ Գողթանիկ

Letter from Kharabagh

It was in the beginning of November when we were listening to Haylur. All of a sudden my wife looked at me, astounded, having heard Sargis Hatspanyan’s name, who is the benefactor and overseer of our large family. Could Paruyr Hairikyan be so cruel and inhuman as to consider Sargis a harmful figure, criticize him and call him a traitor?
Leaders of government, when in 1996 I began my journey from the town of Ashtarak to Lachin with my 15 hungry and naked children, which one of you said “where are you taking those pitiful children?”
Until the year 2000 we lived in one of the forsaken villages of Kashatakh, in need of our daily handful of flour. It was at that moment that Aram Manukyan arrived and twice brought assistance to the entire village. The previous administration, however, persecuted him and forbade him to help us.
After that arrived Gurken Melikyan and Sargis Hatspanyan, and with the help of God, helped us and continue to help us to this day.

It was the same Sargis Hatspanyan who bought me a car at his own expense so that I could make a few kopeks in these mountains and not be overwhelmed by the fact that I had 15 children. Thanks to Hatspanyan, Kashatakh became my birthplace and I began to live in the name of my children and my fatherland.
I appeal to the authorities of the Republic of Armenia. I am a man of over 50 years of age. Five of my sons have served in the army, and two more will serve.
I beg of you, set my dear Sargis Hatspanyan free and in his place, condemn me, who has had 15 children.

Sergey Poghosyan
Kashatagh region
Gokhtanik Village

No comments: